Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ahh, Pediatrics...

So i am 4 days from the end of my 1st month of peds, and all had been going well, illness wise, that is. I was nervous because my two previous months of peds, during my 3rd and 4th years of medical school, led to week long illnesses, the flu my first year, and a wicked sinus infection my 2nd. However, the more time that passed, the more confident i was feeling about making it through. i mean, i only had 4 days to go! i got a little nervous when my co-intern came down with something last week, but i made it several days past the onset of her illness without feeling a thing. i thought i was golden.

then i had my last call night, this past thursday. at around 10 pm i started feeling not so good, belly-wise. then, catastophically, during the interview of a family with a sick toddler, i had to make a quick exit. it was a bit of a blur, but i somehow made it in time to the nearest rest room, and proceeded to puke my guts out. it didn't get any better from there. poor sean picked me up from work and had to pull over twice on my behalf. of course, both times, he pulled over on very busy streets, lined with bars and hipsters. so, fellow seattle residents, if you happened to witness someone barfing out of a honda element, sorry. pride takes a backseat to puke, as it turns out.

i'm feeling slightly better now, but worried about my 2nd month of peds, which is coming right up...

1 comment:

Old Fat and Slow said...

Actually, I think I'd rather hear about bike parts. Hope you're feeling better and make it through the next month without another bout of the creeping crud.